Monday 19 January 2009

When YouTube is blocked (eight ways round)

In a most useful post on School Library Journal blog, Joyce Valenza goes into the frustrations that many libarians have felt about not being able to get into YouTube, because schools are blocking access.
As she says:
"The fact is, every single day many of us spend a good deal of time trying to figure out how to get the videos we need to use in our classrooms and libraries. The fact is, students who really do need to use YouTube videos in their presentations, face great frustration. Pretty much everyday, in schools everywhere, and at homes at night, students and teachers are trying to figure out how to best capture video that is blocked to them during the school day.
I myself am a long-time sufferer of YouTube-block (despite my understanding of my District's motivations) and I have developed a variety of strategies for treating the condition."
She has 8 suggestions. Hope one of them helps you.

No comments: