Friday 3 April 2009

Back from LILAC


The LILAC Conference was in Cardiff this year. on th eright is a view of their recently opened new Public Library. Sheila Webber has blogged about the Conference already so I refer you to her posts.
I was delighted that a workshop on Web 2.0 and Information Literacy was overbooked (I didn't go along!) ; that has made all these efforts seem worthwhile!!

I presented under the title"Information Literacy meets the Mobile Web." This is a pretty new field, rather like this one when I started out in 2006! It can be seen as an extension of 2.0 toools like podcasts, vodcasts and concepts like being where they are. Sure there are lots of limitations like different mobile devices, lack of Wireless hotspots and rental costs : but the potential remains.

No comments: